I read a lot of erotica. I tend to prefer to read porn rather than watch it, and I've read all sorts of smut, from spankings to female dominants to Daddies. There's not many niches out there I haven't read something about.
But what's been pretty common is cissexuals. I haven't really come across trans or genderqueer bodies, written about in a sexy way by people who know what they're writing. Usually it's been pathologized, or "a surprise reveal", or something humiliating. And that's been really disappointing for me.
I really, really love this book. I love that it shows, not just diversity of gender, but of class and ethnicity, too. Gender is omnipresent, but the pronouns are varied- you'll see "zie/hir" and "hym/hys" in here, which I appreciated. And this isn't all romance and sweetness, either- there's kink, and lust, and fire. This is genderfucking with the fucking very much left in.
There was something about the way she touched me that made it clear she was touching the body I felt I had rather than the one I actually had. Oh, my god, her hands felt so good.
-from "The Perfect Gentleman" by Andrea Zanin
Thank you Cleis Press for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review (especially as I no longer intern for them!)
And to make things even better? I have a copy of "Take Me There" to giveaway to one of my readers- and international entries are welcome! (This Contest Has Ended!)
How to Enter
Simple- tell me why you want it!
- Tweet about it once a day. If you tweet, please be sure to leave a comment! It’s just easier for me to keep track that way. Make sure to include @kittystryker and a link to this post.
Ex: genderfuck your day-@kittystryker's giving away trans/genderqueer erotic book "Take Me There" from @cleispress! Enter: http://tinyurl.com/3erz5z2
- Tell me what other books at Cleis Press that you would love to have (or already have and love).
- Follow me on Twitter (comment to let me know)
- "Like" Cleis Press on Facebook (comment to let me know)
- Follow Cleis Press on Twitter (comment to let me know)
- Follow my blog (comment to let me know)
- “Like” Purrversatility on Facebook (comment to let me know)
- Follow Cleis Press on Tumblr (comment to let me know)
- Post about this contest on your blog, Facebook page, Tumblr, whatever… (comment to let me know)
- Comment on my other reviews/posts (give a link)
- Put a link on your blog leading to mine (comment to let me know and provide link)
- For 5 extra entries, review Purrversatility at Alexa and let me know!